Honors & Awards:
- Chambers USA, Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer (Upstate New York)
- Chambers USA, Leading Private Equity Lawyer (Investment Funds)
- Chambers Global, Leading Private Equity Lawyer (Investment Funds)
- Upstate New York, Super Lawyer®, Leading M&A Lawyer and Leading Closely Held Business Lawyer (2015, 2016)
John Koeppel leads Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman's Private Equity Group. During his 18-year career, which focuses on mergers and acquisitions, financings, and various private equity transactions, he has successfully structured, negotiated and closed over 250 transactions. Mr. Koeppel serves as Lakelet's primary outside counsel and brings extensive knowledge of the private equity market and successful deal execution strategies to the firm.
On the M&A / private equity transactions side, Mr. Koeppel has advised on deals for leading private equity firms and independent sponsors from $1 million to $100 million+ in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, technology, consumer goods, food, distribution, business and financial services, cleantech and medical / health care.
He is a frequent speaker at a number of leading private equity and M&A events. Mr. Koeppel takes a pro-active and practical approach to helping clients make connections and successfully navigating the various legal challenges in any transaction.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.B.A., with distinction
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., summa cum laude
- American Bar Association - Negotiated Acquisitions, Private Equity and Venture Capital, and Closely Held Business Committees
- New York State Bar Association - Business Law Section
- Bar Association of Erie County - Corporation Law Committee, Past Chair
- Vistage - Trusted Advisor Group
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Upstate Venture Association of New York (UVANY)