Summary of Qualifications:
- Business Valuation with emphasis on Intellectual Property and technology/software
- SSAE 18 attestation engagements and audits
- Financial restructuring with distressed entities
- +20 years of financial experience
- +10 years’ experience as Controller responsible for all of the accounting, internal controls and administrative functions
- Project management ability to work with the team to ensure a timely delivery - due diligence, development of processes, compensation analysis and industry analysis
- Experience in complex financial modeling for distressed entities, spin-out and acquisitions
- +3 years’ experience in Financial Institutions with primary focus on financial processes
- Preparation of pitchbooks for capital injections, due diligence, etc.
- Experience in areas of Regulatory Compliance, Internal Controls, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Audit, Transaction Analysis, and Investigation
Ms. Caldwell brings significant experience in accounting functions, internal controls, and due diligence to the Lakelet team. She is a key member of the deal team advising on financial diligence and modeling, strategy and business planning, and deal execution.
Prior to joining Lakelet Capital, Ms. Caldwell completed several projects in the banking industry as an Enhance Due Diligence Investigator, Internal Controls Analyst and Compliance Analyst. She is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and expects to receive her Certified Fraud Examiners Certification in March 2017.
Ms. Caldwell has experience in consulting with senior executives to determine how, when and which deals can achieve their strategic goals. While working with clients, she helps them execute relevant strategy effectively while developing and implementing finance strategies and programs to improve operation outcomes. She has proven success in improving, rationalizing and enhancing core finance processes such as accounts receivables and payables, fixed assets, reporting, planning, budgeting and forecasting. In her experience, Ms. Caldwell has assisted clients in preparing for corporate transactions and has managed finance post transaction.
She has extensive knowledge, in the construction industry concerning: bidding government contracts, contract execution, producing and submitting back-charges, Certified Payroll, EEO Compliance requirements. She has extensive knowledge in auditing in regards to union pension and dues remittances, workman’s compensation and general liability, NYS sales tax, Department of Labor, IRS, NYS, OSHA, MSHAW and Compliance.
Ms. Caldwell holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting with honors from Niagara University.
- Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting - Niagara University
- Member of Delta Epsilon Sigma's National Scholastic Honor Society